Who does not like some of the best delicious party dips?
Everybody likes a snack with a tasty dip, especially if they
are healthy like the one we have here like the Roasted Tomato
Salsa, Guacamole, and our favorite Baba Ganoush all made
with ingredients which are nutritious and healthy.
Baba Ganoush made with eggplants which are proven
powerful against high cholesterol. You can even keep this
dip or spread for a few days in the fridge (if it lasts that long 🙂 )
Try them all and enjoy.
Baba Ganoush Appetizer
Baba Ganoush is a delicious dip in which the main ingredient, eggplant, is a powerful fighter against elevated cholesterol.
Studies have shown that cholesterol in artery walls and the aorta is significantly reduced by this delicious vegetable. Let us not forget though that eggplant is a nightshade vegetable and is not for everyone.
Baba Ganoush can be made days ahead of time but do take note that the garlic will get stronger each day. Serve the dip at room temperature with gluten-free crackers, cucumber slices, celery, or your favorite dipping food.
Prep Time: 1 hr 15 mins
• 2 globe eggplants (2 pounds)
• 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 3 tablespoons tahini (sesame paste)
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1 lemon, juiced
• ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
• Pinch of Himalayan sea salt
• Parsley for garnish (optional)
• Paprika for garnish (optional)
• Olives for garnish (optional)
Preheat oven to 400F.
Poke the eggplants in several places with the tines of a fork. Cut the eggplants in half lengthwise. Brush the cut sides lightly with 1 tbsp olive oil, then place on a baking sheet cut side down and roast until very tender, about 35-40 minutes.
Remove from oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes then scoop the eggplant flesh into a large bowl and mash well with a fork.
Combine the eggplant, remaining olive oil, tahini, garlic, cumin, and lemon juice, and mix well until you have reached desired consistency. Fold in the walnuts and add salt to taste.
1 large tomato
10 medium avocados
1 jalapeño pepper
1 Serrano pepper
1 large white, or sweet, onion
1 garlic clove
Salt & black pepper to taste
1. Using proper dicing technique, dice the tomato.
2. Place in a large bowl
3. Remove fruit from avocado skin, discarding pit.
4. Add avocado to bowl with tomato.
5. Dice the onion using the illustrated technique.
6. Add the onion to the bowl.
7. Deseed and dice the jalapeño, adding to bowl.
8. Repeat with Serrano chili.
9. Chop the garlic, adding to the other ingredients.
10. Add salt and pepper to taste.
11. Juice one lime over entire contents of bowl.
12. Mix all ingredients to desired consistency.This guacamole recipe is full of goodness and if one chooses to go organic than it is that much better. Additionally, this recipe is fully raw provided that you do not choose to warm your lime