Try this awesome Vegan Millet Avocado Salads as a dinner
Try this awesome vegan millet avocado salads and prepare it for a dinner. Millet is a light very healthy grain, good not only for your health it is also good for beauty.
It has a lot of protein and is a source of B vitamins. Avocado everybody knows is healthy and nutritious and can be eaten every day.
Here is are recipes mixed with a tasty delicious dressing and vegetables and herbs. Whole-grain millet salads which may get your favorites. Millet is an ancient grain which we may hear of and use it more in the future. Millet is gluten-free.
Try it out and enjoy
The health benefits of Avocado
more recipes with Avocado
and Millet Recipes
Awesome Vegan Millet Avocado Salads Gluten – Free
My trick to making quick 5 minute salads for lunch is to always have some whole grains already cooked in the fridge. When I cook quinoa, millet, brown rice or whatnot for dinner, I always (always) make more than what’s needed that evening and keep it safe and chilled in the fridge.
Whole Millet Avocado Salad
A simple lemon-lime dressing makes this whole-grain salad burst with refreshing and bright flavors. The slightly crunchy millet is a nice contrast to the creaminess of the avocados.
Grated rind of 1 lime, juice of 3 limes (to make a ¼ cup), Grated rind and juice of 1 large lemon, salt, and pepper, to taste, ¼cup olive oil.
1. In a bowl, whisk the lime rind and juice, and lemon rind and juice with salt and pepper.
2. Gradually whisk in the olive oil until the dressing emulsifies. Taste for seasoning and add more salt and pepper, if you like.
1 cup whole-grain millet, 2 cups vegetable stock, 1 large yellow bell pepper, cored, seeded, and cut into matchsticks, 1-pint cherry tomatoes, halved, ¾ cup black olives, pitted and halved lengthwise, 2 ripe avocados, pitted and cut into 1-inch pieces, ¾ cup chopped fresh parsley, Salt and pepper, to taste.
1. In a dry, heavy-based saucepan over medium heat, toast the millet, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes, or until the kernels start popping and brown lightly.
2. Pour in the stock and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and cover the pan. Simmer for 20 minutes. Turn off the heat and let the millet sit in the covered pan for 10 minutes more. Transfer to a large bowl; cool for a few minutes.
3. Add half the dressing to the warm millet; stir thoroughly.
4. In a bowl, combine the yellow pepper, tomatoes,
olives, and avocados. Toss gently. Add the remaining dressing, parsley, salt, and pepper; toss again. Add the tomato mixture to the millet and fold gently. Taste for seasoning and add more salt and pepper, if you like. Ingrid Lysgaard
Source Boston Clobe.com >Recipe for whole millet and avocado salad
Also, see > Why You Need These Amazing Greens In Your Alkaline Diet
Take the 14-Day Challenge click here
If you need help with losing weight and keeping on track, the Bright Line Eating program is a great program to support. It is based on cutting edge psychology and neuroscience. Susan Peirce Thompson, Ph.D. It is focused on establishing healthier eating habits and is also compatible with a vegan diet.